Monday, November 14, 2011

Grateful


Yes, this is my very cliche, November, "I'm grateful for..." post.  And yes, I am re-posting the same video I posted last year.  Seriously though, I love this video!  I think that it is worth re-posting.  And I could use a reminder of everything that I have to be grateful for.  Here is my top ten "I'm grateful for..." list today (in no particular order):

1. UTA. I love being able to start and end my day by having time to myself.  And public transportation has become my favorite place to people watch; there are so many interesting people who ride the trax/bus!
2. Crunchy leaves.  Yup, I am one of those people who goes out of their way to step on a leaf that looks particularly crunchy.  I am still a four year old at heart.
3. Playdough.  Again, four year old at heart.  But this one has also gotten me through many classes in my college career.
4. Grad school.  Okay, this one is kind of broad.  And right now I need a reminder of this, but I love being in grad school!  I love learning everything I can about something; I love having way more reading assignments than I could possibly get through; I love sitting through three hour classes, trying to soak in everything that I can, realizing that there will always be things I don't know; I love assignments that make me think so hard that I want to scream and cry, then get really excited when I finally "get it."  I love the whole experience, although sometimes I have to remind myself of it.  It really is a unique time of my life, and I am trying to enjoy every step of the journey.
5. Falling asleep on the bus.  I don't know why it is, but the express buses have become my favorite place to nap in the afternoon/evenings.
6. Crunchy apples.  Over the past week I have eaten at least 10 apples, and every one brought me joy.  I love fall harvest time.
7. Hoodies.  I love wearing a big, warm, comfy hoodie on a cool day.  Especially when I am sick.
8. Mucinex.  That stuff is amazing.  Especially the liquid kind.
9. My job.  It is great always having an excuse for the bubbles, playdough, pretend food, and picture books in my back seat.
10. The Church's IT department.  Seriously, they are amazing.  I love having the entire standard works, church magazines, and basically every manual/book they have ever published with me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment