Saturday, November 10, 2007

In Loving Memory....

Wow, much has happened since my last blog. Where do I start? First of all, I no longer have a job. I decided to quit because, well, let's just say that Foundations Insurance was not the best option for me in this point in my life. I find myself with much more free time, and yet I still don't get everything done. Go figure. It's kind of invigorating really to not have to be tied to that place. But hopefully I'll have a job for next semester.

Within the same week that I quit my job, I also had an adventure with my car, or former car. I was driving home from work (actually the last day I did drive home from work) on I-15. I'd rather not go into lots of details, so let's just say that my car is no more. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done and I have no desire to ever relive it! I was shaking for a good hour afterward and I still just kind of want to cry when I think about it. But, alas, it IS just a car. Life will go on, even if it has to go on without the Altima. I think that one of the saddest parts was emailing Brian in Uruguay to tell him that the car he has grown to love he will never see again. This is how his email back went:

"It was one of those things...it was one of those relationships you knew was too good to last. I loved her like I have loved no one else, but, it was time to part. If thats the way things have to be, then....I will move on. I can still dream about her late at night, and still remember the good times we shared together. She will live on in my heart forever! "

Clearly he was heart broken. The Altima was more than just a car to him, and to me; it was a loyal friend always there when you need them. He is right though - we will just have to move on. I would post pictures, but they are kind of painful still, and they're on Courtney's camera. I'm still working on getting over my fear of driving, or even riding in cars, particularly the freeway. I avoid it as much as possible. And I think that I kind of scare Nichelle when I jump when the driver of the car I'm riding in applies the brakes.

Other than that, I've just been trying to make the most of my time here at BYU. Football games, late nights, homework, studying, midterms, labs, roommates, church callings...it's all part of the experience I guess. And I can't wait to see what the future holds for me!

2 comments:

  1. I love you!!! You're a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are still alive, although I have no idea what happened to you, it just sounds bad. and congrats in quiting foundations...from what I hear things are going nowhere but down, you got out while the gettin was good. plus being a scanner wasn't all that great now was it?

    ReplyDelete