That weekend I went to St. George with my family to see Cinderella at Tuachan. I loved it! And the actors even had faces! And they moved! And I could see them! It was all very exciting.
Speaking of exciting, we had a rather exciting Sunday a couple of weeks ago. The day was September thirtieth. The place was Wyview Park in Provo, Utah. The time was immediately following dinner. Nichelle was washing dishes when she inadvertently dropped one of our glasses. Luckily Chris's shoe broke the fall. However, moments later the same glass fell again. This time Nichelle tried to make a spectacular save. In her haste, she smashed the cup against the counter, sending shards of glass flying in all directions. Once everything settled down, we realized that she was wounded. Apparently in her attempt at heroics, a piece of glass pierced her finger. A short (or not so short) time later we found ourselves at the local IHC checking Nichelle in to see a doctor. The doctor looked at the cut then proceeded to give her three stitches. But don't worry; this story has a happy ending. Two weeks later the cut is nearly healed and the stitches removed. Although she did have issues with leaving the stitches alone while they were in...but that's another story altogether.
WARNING: THESE PICTURES ARE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! :)
It starts:
After:
All better! Sort of...
So, as you can see, we had quite the little adventure. Never a dull moment around here!
I have now taken my first college exam ever, two of them actually. Neither one of them went as well as hoped for, but hey, you do what you can. Life goes on and you just try to do better next time I guess. Other than that classes have been going rather well. I'm pretty sure I want to stick with computer science as my major. I seem to enjoy CS 142 so far, but only time will tell if that trend continues, especially since our first exam is this week. We'll see how that goes.
I've also tried to give blood three times in the past week and a half or so. The first two times we got there too late so they were turning people away. The third time we made it and I filled out all of the paperwork and did all of the other stuff, but alas, they told me my veins were too small and that I should drink more water before trying again. I think this means that I'm not meant to give blood. Three strikes and you're out! But really I think that I might go with Nichelle sometime to try again. She couldn't give blood either. She's tried four times and they've stuck her twice, but her veins are just too small so the blood doesn't come out fast enough. I'll just drown myself in water before I go. I think it's a good plan. I'm determined to make it work. Enough of this worrying about it all day then not being able to give business.
This is a random picture of me and my roommates. We didn't even plan the face; it just seemed to work out that way. I just like pictures so I thought I'd include this one.
That's about my life in a nutshell (it may or may not be a rather large nutshell!) for the past couple of weeks. Hope things are going well for all of you!
Wow! Your life is so exciting. I almost called it exotic, but remembered that you were in Provo. Which is in fact a very large step up from Rexburg. I hope Nichelle is feeling better. I liked the last picture a lot. I love you!!
ReplyDelete