Monday, October 11, 2010

Count Your Many Blessings

Now this post is a couple weeks overdue, but I guess it's better late than never. And let's be honest - that's practically early for me when it comes to blogging. A couple weeks ago I took my first test of the semester. I decided a long time ago that I would not study for tests as I walk to the testing center. I put away my books and notes and try to think about anything but the material that's going to be on my test. I try to notice the weather, the trees, the people walking near me - anything that will keep my mind off the test. I feel like this gives my brain a little time to sort out all of the information I just tried to cram into it. I inevitably start to feel the knots in my stomach becoming tighter and tighter with every step, regardless of how hard I try to not think about the test. However, this time was different. I didn't feel nervous or anxious or afraid as I walked into the testing center. I know it sounds crazy but I felt grateful and almost excited. I was about to go take a test at the BYU testing center. I've wanted to come to BYU ever since I can remember and here I was - living my childhood dream. I had never taken the time to look at things from this perspective. I began to think about how much I am going to miss campus when I'm graduated, how much this has really become my home for the past three years, and how grateful I was to have this amazing opportunity. I learned once again how much I have to be grateful for everyday, regardless of my circumstances. A situation that normally filled me with fear suddenly filled me with gratitude. I can see the Lord's hand in my life in so many ways if I just take the time to open my eyes and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment