It is on this night, sitting in my parent's living room, that I decided to check up on my long lost blog. I found that I had forgotten the url to my own blog. "This is a problem," I said to myself, "I need to do something about this." I decided right then and there I was going to blog. But first I needed to remember how to get to the blog. Three tries later I found myself staring at my most recent post (nearly four months ago) entitled "Choices, Change, and the Unknown." Wow. It seems like that is what life is composed of, regardless of what stage of life you're in. It's so easy to fall into the pattern of, "I'll be happy when..." But if I can't be happy now, how can I expect to be happy in the future? Each new stage of life brings new challenges and new trials, but also new blessings. And with so many amazing people who love me surrounding me and with my Savior by my side I cannot fail and I can find joy and happiness in every stage of life, regardless of what trials come my way.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Forgotten Blog
So I am at my home in Riverton on this lovely Saturday night. I'm sitting in a banana chair in our living room watching a basketball game on BYU classic sports that happened eleven years ago...with my parents. Now some college students might call my night pathetic or lame or just plain boring. I, on the other hand, couldn't be happier. This last week has been one of the longest and hardest weeks I can remember. No, my dog didn't die, nor did my grandma; I didn't spend the week in the hospital or have a fight with my best friend. I didn't even fail a test or ruin my chance with my big crush. It was just a long week. You know those times when you feel completely out of control, like Satan is throwing everything he has at you? Not any big things, but a million little things? Those times when you feel so insecure and so worried about what the future will bring and so ready to just go to sleep and wake up a couple months later? Those times when you feel all alone even though you know you are surrounded by so many people who care about you so much? That was this week. But coming home and being with my siblings and parents seems to help me put things in perspective. All it takes is one 45 minute car ride with my brothers and sister-in-law and suddenly the world starts to seem a little brighter. I walk in the door and immediately feel secure, loved, and just plain content. Everything that has been weighing me down all week is gone and I am home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is brilliant. I heart you. Amen.
ReplyDeleteNow you know why I blog...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing :)