Wow - this is incredible. I am officially a resident of Wyview Park at BYU!! I can't believe it. Yesterday was so crazy and filled with so many different emotions.
I went with my cousin Courtney over to our apartment to check in at 10:00 AM. We went through the whole little orientation thing where we learned how to use a fire extinguisher and not jump out of our windows, then proceeded on to recieve our keys. Woah - that was weird, to hold the key to MY apartment in my hands. When we arrived at our apartment, we found that Nichelle, our other roommate was already there, but unfortunately Kathryn will not be moving in until Friday.
Well I didn't have much time to move stuff in, but I did get my bed made and headed back up to good ole Riverton to finish packing. This is me on top of my bed when we first moved in. Yes, the ceiling really is as close as it looks. Let's just say I'm hoping that I don't have any nightmares and sit up really fast in the middle of the night. :)
Upon my mom getting home from work at 4:00, we left for Provo once again. We met up with Courtney and her mom Terri at Costco so as to purchase food so we do not in fact waste away. After a subsequent trip to Ream's, we proceeded to our apartment well stocked with tasty delights. But alas, Courtney and I ended up locking ourselves out of our apartment for the first time, on the first day. We basked in the hot sun while we waited for Nichelle to return from her visit to campus. By the time she arrived, I was running very low on time because I still needed to return home to retrieve my car.
My mom, brother, and brother's roommate helped me move everything inside and we had time to put my clothes away, but left much of my stuff in an unorganized heap. I returned with my mom to Riverton where I went over to a park where my home ward's Mutual was being held. Let me just say, I absolutely HATE saying goodbye to people. You can guess how that one went. Then I, of course, stocked up on more food from my house, said goodbye to my parents, and proceed to the houses of two of my favorite people! After a *cough*breif*cough* visit with each of them and a longing look at Hobby Lobby as I past, I made the final journey back to Provo where I hoped to retire for the night.
Naturally we had visitors, much to my delight. They stayed until, of course, midnight when, in accordance with the Honor Code, they proceeded home. After they were gone, Courtney and Nichelle and I stayed up a little bit longer in a vain attempt to organize our kitchen. I think I actually went to bed sometime around two in the morning...great start to my sleeping habits in Provo. And, despite our efforts, I found Nichelle this morning eating a bowl of cereal on the back of our couch because there was no room on the table. That just about sums up my day. It is such a weird feeling. I am so excited though to get involved and meet new people. And, of course, stay in touch with the old people too! (By old, I am not indicating anything about the age of those who read this blog, but rather the amount of time I have know them. :) )
Just because I sang the fight song doesn't mean I'm a new cougar. Nice try Kristen.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a brief look at Hobby Lobby. That makes me happy.
ReplyDeleteI remember eating breakfast on the back of the couch. And for some reason it seems weird to hear (or read) me being referred to as "our roommate Nichelle." We still seemed like strangers or something.
ReplyDelete